- Me: Hi Kevin Barnes.
- Kevin Barnes: Hi Barton.
- Me: I really like David Bowie.
- Kevin Barnes: I really like David Bowie too.
- Me: His chameleonic style and prescient appreciation for previous pop progenitors really shows in his work, as it does in yours.
- Kevin Barnes: Thanks Barton. Nice alliteration. We should collaborate on an album of David Bowie covers.
- Me: Okay Kevin Barnes. Sounds good, Kevin Barnes.
so far, so good.
So I’ve realized that among the many inane things I natter to myself under my breath on a regular basis, my most common expression of displeasure is something along the lines of “muffbucket.” Does this have potential? Can we make this a thing?
Nevermind this is stupid nnunvblunderfofot uhf shittyshittyshittimes muffbucket.
you can tell with near certainty
from the acoustic guitar intros
that you find sometimes
in some of the songs on albums
by nazi black metal bands
that the guitarists
used to listen to aerosmith when they were kids
there is something sad and lonesome
in the near-total certainty
that the guitarists of the nazi black metal bands
liked aerosmith when they were kids
back when they were kids
listening to aerosmith.
“Keep on pissin’, and keep on drinkin’, keep on eatin’ and keep on shittin’.” - Less popular Jukebox the Ghost quote, but perhaps my absolute favorite.